Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Something I have learned from Being Married

There are times when you just won't be understood by your significant other. There will be times your reasoning makes no sense to your significant other. Honestly, the longest fought battles are the ones where you are trying to explain your opinion to your husband or wife. While your ideas may make perfect sense to you, it often sounds like gibberish and monkey noises coming out of your mouth. I have been told several times it is because men think logically, and women think emotionally. While I will admit to being overly emotional at times, I cannot say that men think logically. By reading the definition of the word logic, I realized that this is utter B.S.

log·i·cal  (lj-kl)
adj.
1. Of, relating to, in accordance with, or of the nature of logic.
2. Based on earlier or otherwise known statements, events, or conditions; reasonable.
3. Reasoning or capable of reasoning in a clear and consistent manner.

I am pretty sure men don't corner the market on being reasonable.  I would also put large amounts of money on the fact that a man declared that men think logically, and women think emotionally. I am not saying women are better than men in this respect, I am just saying the playing field is equal. Some of the most logical and rational people I know are women. I know a handful of emotional males too. This assessment of the sexes is antiquated, and ridiculous. A man is just as likely to start a fight out of jealousy, as he is if he is defending himself. Just because most women can say, "I was pissed because I was jealous." doesn't make her any less logical or any more emotional. My new stance on the way men a women think, is that most of the time, neither makes sense.

Just because it is mostly helpless cause, doesn't mean you should give up. When you give up trying to understand your spouse, or significant other, then you stop caring. We don't want that. Sometimes hand signals and morse code can help. But mostly they hear monkey noises. Promise. 


Oooo-oooo ahhhhh ahhhh ahhhhhh!!!




What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how
compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility.
Leo Tolstoy
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment