Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Monday, December 9, 2013

Who's The Sexy Pirate With The Eye Patch?

I'm working on week three of not smoking. It's a wonderful thing! It's a personal best on the non smoking front. My sense of smell is coming back, and it's a bit disturbing.  I smell things that I never noticed before. The Parmesan cheese case at the store is overwhelming. Other smokers reek. Why do I only notice the stinky smells? My taste buds haven't changed much, but I'm good with that. I haven't had the overwhelming need to eat my weight in chocolate either. I'm not going to lie and say that I haven't thought about sneaking a smoke. Just one. But I tell my brain to shut up, and take a few puffs off the vaporizer. It works. I'm happy!

This week will be wildly busy. We have Santa's annual visit on Thursday via fire truck. Since our houses are the halfway point, my neighbor usually feeds Santa and their helpers hot dogs, cocoa, and other snacks. I always help, because our neighbors are wonderful people. But this year, they are having technical difficulties with their garage. So we offered our garage for the event. This means we have to get the garage cleaned of all the dead bodies and mysterious liquids still lingering from Halloween. Santa doesn't want to see our autopsy victim. Or maybe he does? I don't know how he feels about unidentfied glowing substances. 

Friday we will be taking a trip to the Texas Hill Country to be a part of my husband's cousin's wedding. This affords me the opportunity of seeing my husband in a tux. Yay! Not so fun, I have to wear pantyhose and I think I may have a sty growing on my eyelid. It's puffy, red and sore. Why? Because it's Murphy's law! You have a big week with a lot of public interaction? Here is a gross infection that makes your eye look hideous! Thank you Murphy. Life without you would be predictable and less awkward. Whatever. I'll get an eyepatch. It will make me look mysterious. 



No comments:

Post a Comment