Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Damn It!

The days seem a blur of work, eat, drive, cook, and sleep. Each time I open my eyes, I know for certain I'll be up for at least another 18 hours. Rinse and repeat with 1 day off a week for 2 week stretches, and you have one zombified woman. Amidst this lovely daily grind, I have an amazing amount of ideas and things to do for Halloween this year. With planning and 8 pages of lists, I will be adding myself and science as an attraction to our annual haunt. Normally, we let the garage become one big mad lab, but the witch in me wants to baffle and inspire the little ones with a few spells from Mr. Wizard himself. I have an extensive collection of spooky items that would make the Sanderson Sisters of "Hocus Pocus" proud. These past years we have herded families in and out of our garage in the hopes that they were scared by the devious genius I call my husband's work. While I make a rather fine assistant Igor, this time I want to inspire more than fear. We love science and science fiction in our home and I think the kids should get to see both sides. I plan on setting up my own work space, and making magic for my little pretties.(and sometimes their dogs too.)

The easy part of it all is putting the whole thing together. The hardest part is coming up with a rhyming spell for making snow, and figuring out the proper ratios of diet coke to mentos in an attempt at avoiding a sticky mess. Anyone know where I can buy bulk dry ice on Halloween? Besides these things, we need a small batch of minions to help us finish cleaning out our garage to make room. We have a back breaking amount of tile in the garage awaiting our upcoming bathroom makeovers, and they need to be shuffled away to darker, less in the way locals.

Soon enough I will be embarking on my 34th year. This garners no excitement for me other than the fun of a family gathering, with food and drinks. I didn't want a spectacular blow out, since I rarely have the energy for much more than a yawn. Low key is my party theme this year. Break out the barbeque and beers! I am looking forward to a relaxing time with the ones I love.

As per usual, I know this game all too well. First it's my birthday, and the next thing I know it's Christmas. The Gauntlet is back! I am not too sure how I will be able to balance the festivities and work all at once. I know I will find a way. It will probably be in the form of caffeine, but there is no slacking when it comes to merry making in my world. I have been booked for cake baking and Santa pit stops so far, and we aren't even to October. I am like the seasonal department of your your favorite store. Just as you are getting ready for Halloween, I am stocking the shelves with Christmas crap. It's the only way to keep up honestly.

While I have been driving between work and home, my 9 year old love has begun 4th stinkin' grade! My dear sweet Master Pigglesworth is growing up rapidly now. I am not saying he is maturing, so much as growing. Seriously, this kid is super tall. He's going to be giant. He has size full grown man feet at the tender age of 9. He's growing up so fast he's already referring to himself as 10! As per usual, he is my favorite source for a laugh. Of course like any other child, he tests his boundaries in a manner that would make Mr. Rogers himself curse. While we endure these typical growing pains, I still look at him and see my wrinkled old man baby. Then he runs off barefoot down the street screaming at his friend, and I shake that vision right off. PUT YOUR SHOES ON BARNEY RUBBLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment