Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Is A Go

2012 was an eventful year for us here at The House of Beebs. I'm glad to have a fresh year to have adventures in. This year we have some exciting things coming up. For one, we have finally gotten rid of the horrible carpet we put in when we bought our house! My goal for last year was to remodel the master bathroom, but our bedroom needed the attention. But I think we finally have the home improvement ball rolling. This is a good thing. We are that much closer to our ultimate goal, the kitchen remodel.

My second Blogaversary is today! Two years of sharing my thoughts and drama. Gosh, how time flies when you are sharing your world via internet! As always, I am extremely thankful to every one who reads my posts and supports me in this hobby. Your enjoyment of my blathering is the bacon on my peanut butter waffle.

This year will be a good one. I just know it. I don't make a list of resolutions every New Year's Eve. I like to set goals for myself. Number one on my list this year is to lose more weight. I'm not going to set myself up for failure by saying how much I want to lose, I just want to be healthier. Last year was an eye opener. I had set a goal to eat healthier and like it, and we did. Even though it took 5 days in the hospital to really get me started.

My second goal is to get better at sewing. I stepped up my game this Christmas with hand painted pillows and an embellished blanket. But that's easy stuff. I want to find out what I can really do with my machine. I would like to try my hand at quilting eventually.

My third goal for this year is to write a whole story. I'm really good at writing a few chapters. I excel in having ideas on things to write. But I need something with a beginning, middle, and an end. It won't be award winning, but I'm hoping it will be entertaining.

2013 has already been great. We had a wonderful time with the majority of my favorite people on the planet. We are going to have a lovely newly redone bedroom within a few days. Our health is holding, and our spirits are high. I couldn't ask for more. Happy New Year indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment