Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Monday, December 24, 2012

Merry Christmas, Ya Filthy Animals!

Ah the sounds of a honking horn and your own cursing as you drive though the streets in search of last minute presents for your loved ones! As you can see, the world didn’t end on the day everyone expected it to. It’s more exciting to not know when the end is coming, in my opinion. I just hope I am doing something awesome like eating chocolate while floating the Frio River with my family. What a way to go!

This time last week, I was happily packing 3 years worth of accumulated junk and heading to a bright, but unknown future. It’s amazing how much hair you can lose in a week! Stress is my middle name right now. With the anxiety of losing a job and starting another, that should be enough. But let’s make this extra fun by adding that the new job is completely out of the field I had been working in for the past 10 years. For a tasty dash of insanity, mix Christmas in there too. There we have the perfect recipe for my mental break down. I’ve started speaking in one word sentences, because that’s pretty much all I can get out. But it’s all about to relax a bit.

Tomorrow is the big Christmas finale, and hopefully the insanity dies down, and I can get back to focusing on just the new job.
My new office is great so far. They have treated me like one of the family since day one. The challenge that this position presents is not an easy one. I will have to learn all about an industry that I have never dealt with before. It’s exactly what I wanted, and feared most. I knew what I was doing in insurance. I knew the rules, regulations, the paper work, and the people. I was shoved out of my comfort zone, and into this amazing opportunity.

This upcoming year will be a challenging, but good one. I'm off to a party at my parents with a few of my favorite people. Time to dust the powdered sugar and get festive. Much love to all my readers! Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment