Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

1, 2, 3, 4, FIF

I am officially staring down the barrel of my 31st birthday. Time has ceased to slow, despite much cursing, and complaining. I guess my wish when I was younger to hurry up to this point in life was heard, and now, someone is sitting on the remote, and I am stuck in fast forward. The husband will be 38 a little over a month after my birthday. I have 2 more years to plan the biggest over the hill party anyone has ever seen. I realize 40 is not over the hill, but he thinks it is time for his midlife crisis (MLC), and therefore he gets a Corvette, or Porche. What he doesn't realize is that I am his MLC. Duh! I am mostly just kidding babe, although it is partially true.

Wow. I am glad this will never happen in my house. (Shudders)

Turning 31 isn't as big of a deal as turning 30, but it does mean I am one more year deeper into it. I have been trying to console those who have taken the "Dirty 30 Plunge" with me. It isn't that bad once you realize your life didn't change dramatically from one day to the next. (Unless it did. If that was the case, my bad.) This year, I plan to celebrate all the wonderful things in my life that I have, but I also want to make sure I take care of myself too. Life is short. Spend the least amount of time being unhappy that you can. That is why I am running off to fulfill my dreams of being a circus performer.

Step One: Buy Hula Hoops in Bulk. Step Two: Lean how to Hula Hoop.
Sadly since they generally don't allow just anyone to join a show, and since my beard comes in too patchy, I will never realize my dream. But I have others! Most of which I will need to win in the lottery to fund. But I guess I can go ahead and move forward with celebrating what I have part. This includes parties, and short out of town trips. Lucky me!

Autumn has begun to bloom (in stores), despite the fact that we are not a town that has any idea what "seasons" are. I can't tell you how many Halloweens that were blazing hot, instead of cool! We don't have the noticeable foliage changes here either. Which is sad, because that is what excites me about this time of year the most. The lovely dry cool weather is ever so romantic to me as well. Good reason to snuggle. Too bad our entire state is ablaze at the moment. It really lends to the scene of boiling hot misery we are in! But I know that even though we are currently choking on smoke, and barely able to make enough spit to swallow, we will bounce back. I appeal to anyone that thinks they know an Native American rain dance. Get to it Dances-With-Fire-Extinguisher! We need some real rain!!


Totally random, but you know how I love to follow a whim. Hince the title! LOL:

No comments:

Post a Comment