Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Drama is for Llamas

Just call me jailbird. Tweet, tweet.
I want to rail at the injustice of it all! Today would be a great day to be outdoors, and I am stuck with a tiny sliver of blue freedom peeking out of the top of the door that is my only view to the world right now. 8-5 I am chained to my dilapidated desk until lunch. If I choose to take my lunch and eat at the nearest park, it is almost the worst kind of torture having to come back at 1pm, and close the shackle around my ankle. But I do this to help my husband and I to keep our comfortable lifestyle. It must be done. 

Today I have much on my mind, and a few words to get off my chest. I was born with a strong and active mothering instinct. I have no children, and may never, but I cannot help my need to act as a mother would. When I was in high school, my mom accused me of spending more time mothering my friends than I did paying attention in class. I can't help it, it is compulsory. I still find myself trying to be a mother to my friends. I also have lots of animals in my house to take care of. I love taking care of people, being an emotional anchor for them to hold onto, and to give the best advice I can. I want everyone to be happy, and to bake cookies with them on rainy days! I want to be June Cleaver and Aunt Bea rolled into one. But sometimes even I realize when someone needs the cookies and comfort taken away so they can grow a pair. Because enabling a grown person to be dependent upon you for situations they can easily handle themselves, will always end badly for you in one way or another. 


What it boils down to is my distaste for drama, especially unnecessary drama.  We can't all escape drama. It is like running from poo particles. You can't, because they are everywhere. But I surely don't want to open the bathroom door and take a big sniff after that guy who ate the giant gas station burrito for lunch was in there. But over reacting to something small and insignificant is probably one of my biggest pet peeves. Serious medical issues? I give you permission to react as you wish. But taking the sniffles and turning them into a possible case of mesothelioma, I draw the line. I'm not sure if you received your medical degree from Web MD, or  you were raised to think that a bloody nose means brain hemorrhage. Either way, tone it down!


I am not above internal paranoia. I worry, and I fret. But I don't drag unnecessary people into a situation, and go out of my way to make a mountain out of a mole hill.  I try to approach a situation that has me freaking out with a level head, and as much information as I can. What I don't know I research, and when in need, an expert is consulted. Otherwise, losing sleep over something small is pointless and exhausting. I know not everyone approaches stressful situations in  this manner, but they could if they tried. There would be much less unnecessary drama in the world. Wouldn't that be nice?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment