Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

What The Puck?

Someone is sitting on the fast forward button again. The weeks are flying by in a cloud of paperwork. I sit down Monday morning at my desk, and when I finally look up from my work, another week has slipped past. This week was no exception. The only thing that keeps me from floating off in a sea of numbers and demanding people is when my phone alarm tells me it's time to clock out and go home. Thank goodness for that alarm.

Time flying by does have it's advantages. Such as, next week is Valentine's day, and then my sister's birthday. She is joining the dirty thirty club. Welcome to the party little sister! Geritol cocktails and centrum silver pie will be served. The party ends at 9pm , because that's when old people like us have to go to bed. Don't forget to soak your false teeth, and put some Bengay on those aching joints. ;) Since she hasn't read this, I'm not dead yet. But she will soon enough. In lieu of flowers, please donate money to my husband. He will need it to bury me.

In other news, I'm planning on sewing some things for my best friend's baby shower. I have the materials, I just need the time. Somewhere between making dinner and passing out from exhaustion, I've got to make time for it. It will be so cute, and totally worth it. Plans are in the works for an amazing party for baby B. He will be spoiled before he even takes his first breath. That's the way it should be.

Tomorrow night, the hubby and I are taking the youngest nephew to a hockey game my company is sponsoring. He is into watching sports now, and while that is cool, I am clueless. My family isn't an athletic one. Our sports have always been hunting and fishing. I guess we were bound to have a sports fan come along eventually. Tonight he asked me who I would be rooting for at the game tomorrow. I played it safe by naming the home team. I don't know jack about them. I have a feeling I will be answering a bunch of questions. Maybe I should read up on the game before we leave. I don't know hockey from a puck on the ground. *Lame pun totally intended.

No comments:

Post a Comment