Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Heat Is Not Good For Brain Function and A Pig Turns 6

I'm soooo tired. I don't know what to do. I'm so tired my mind is set on you. You'd say I'm putting you on
But it's no joke, it's doing me harm! You know I can't sleep, I can't stop my brain. You know it's three weeks, I'm going insane! - The Beatles

There are no words that could better fit how I feel today than these. I may twist them into my own meaning, because I am clearly not pining over a person. It is my yard. It is killing me. I totally remember why we have put this off so long. It is a lot of hard work! Also, it is expensive. But not as expensive as it would have been if we hired someone to do it for us. There is something to be said about the cash value of your own blood sweat and tears. I don't know what that is yet, but there is a lesson buried in the 2,000 lbs of composted manure with hummus sitting in my garage. I can't see past the amount of work that is left to see the silver lining. People have said, but you can be proud of yourselves for doing it on your own, and it will be worth it in the end! Yes, yes, I will be proud when I am relaxing. Right now, it is 102 degrees outside, and crabgrass is now a cuss word in my home.

Mr. Sock Monkey is lost in my yard. I'm sending the search party hound out for him.
Go get 'em Hans, and try not to rip his stuffing out before you get him here!

See? The heat is frying my brain.

Today is a very special day! My nephew Hayden is now 6 years old! I find this terribly cute and unacceptable. He already received his present from me, because he wanted it so bad, and I am just as impatient to see his excitement. So he received his bike on Friday. It has a kickstand, and is super fast. No training wheels to be had here. He is an amazing kid, and so very silly just like his Mommy and Auntie. He is animated and hilarious, and I can't get enough of him. I love it when he stays over at my house, and we have our talks about everything under the sun.

  
Hayden came home on Father's day. We called him "Biscuit Wrap"
At 1 years old, he cornered the market on cute. I called him "Boogie Monster"
At 2, he didn't want kisses or lovin', he wanted to RUN. I called him "Boogie"
At 3 he was still running, but really becoming his own person. I called him "Sugar Booger"
At 4 he was a little less shy and way more wacky. I called him "Sugar Booger"
At 5, he was starting school, and making friends wherever he went. No longer a baby. I called him "Piggy"
At 6, he is moving onto 1st grade. He is sassy, and so very funny. I call him "Piggers"
 I will forever tease my nephew Hayden because he was born right in the middle of everything, and always seems to be in the center of every one. He was born in the middle of the year (June), the middle of the month (15th), in the middle of the week (Weds), and the middle of the day (3 pm or so). He was also born in between his parent's wedding and my wedding. See what I mean? Smack dab in the middle. If you are wondering about all the nicknames, well that is just how we roll in my family! Happy birthday Piggy. I hope you woke up today whistling and snapping your fingers. Your Auntie April and Uncle Beebs love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment