Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Sunday, October 2, 2011

31 Reasons I Love Birthdays

What's this?? Color? We don't have that here.

It is OCTOBER!!! I realize that isn't astonishing news or anything, but in my world, it means The Gauntlet has begun! I am already stressing too. Yes, mostly because I am throwing a party in less than a week, and our busy go!go!GO! schedule is getting busier by the minute. I have an amazing week ahead filled with crafts, cooking, and a few good friends and family. The bits and pieces of the party still need to be assembled. I have an altar to set up this evening, and a hallway to decorate. I has some prime time yesterday and today to do work, but I had more important things to do, like have a sleep over with Hayden, and have lunch with my sissy, hubby, and birthday mate Danielle. Also, I had to visit Mom and Dad and go swimming in a very cold pool with a very determined 6 year old. While the party will be fun, being with my loved ones is always better. I don't ever plan on being too busy to watch my nephew grow before my eyes, and have some one on one time with him.

In other news, I have changed my page's background theme in honor of Her Wickedness Herself, The Wicked Witch of the West. She was the first thing I ever remember being scared of! Ms. Margaret Hamilton was amazing and scary, no matter that the film was 46 years old by the time I got around to watching it. The voice, the cackle, the hunch back, green face, and pointed nose left a serious impression on me. What is more evil than a person that picks on children (and little dogs too)?

Yea, she's pretty Wicked...

So, in 5 days, I'll be... gulp... 31. I can't actually say it bothers me as much as 30 did. I mean, in the grand scheme of things I plan on living till at least 75, so I still have 44 years to go. Like I said, that is the plan, you know that isn't always what happens, but I can't see the future so I am forging ahead as planned. 9 years ago, the day before my 22nd birthday, I met my husband for the first time, and fell in love. (Insert school-girlish crush type sigh here.) 8 years before then, my Daddy took me on my first hunting trip for my 14th birthday, and gave me a 20 gauge shotgun. (I TOLD you my family is redneck!) 7 years before then, my parents threw me a wicked awesome 7th birthday party at McDonalds. This was back when you actually wanted a party there. Now? Eww gross!! I really haven't had a bad birthday in the 31 years I have been able to remember. That is a pretty freaking awesome record if you ask me. I don't plan on changing traditions this year either. 30 was a bit of a mental adjustment, and 31, well that is no biggie. I'll let you know how I feel about 35, and 39 when we get there.

So, I don't foresee any further blogging for the coming week. But not to worry, I'll post incriminating pictures of the party week after next, and dish the good gossip! In parting, I'll share with you a couple pieces of advice my father has given me from birth; "Treat other as you wish to be treated" and, "Measure twice, and cut once." (this last one goes for lumber as well as people in your life. ;)

Happy Birthday to meee, happy birthday to meeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment