Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Happy Christmas/Hanukkah/Holidays/Festivus!!

So you know that "Murphy" guy with his "laws"? I think we should form an angry mob and hunt him up. He has made these past few days hell for me. What happened? Oh, well, just when I thought the medical issues were a thing of the past, my husband is out of no where struck down with a massive ear infection. For days he suffered, and on his 2nd dr visit, yesterday finally got some relief. Dr's visits aren't free, and neither are the meds. Thankfully he is getting better, and should be feeling pretty good for Christmas day. But wait that's not all! Unexpected bills, sewing machine stopped working while I was in the middle of my project, and my sinuses are STILL bothering me!
Bring us the one you call "Murphy", the one who makes the absurd laws!

 But you know what? I am still excited about Christmas! I plan on baking cookies tonight, and finishing up the last sock puppy. I am still missing a couple of gifts, but I will work it out, and my family will be together this holiday. Not all is ruined, except for my nerves. Oh, and my finger nails...

I call it "TannenBombed"
Yes, I know it looks horrible. This was my second attempt at the water marbling technique I have been seeing all over the web. I am showing you the better hand, trust me, the other one looks even worse. I will take pity on myself tonight, and fix it after I am done baking. But today at work, I am rocking this hot mess all day! The hubby said I should paint candy stripes. I can't do marbling, and you expect me to paint stripes?! No thanks, one color will do! Fussing with my nails isn't as important as getting my baking/candy making done. Which will be at the top of my list this evening.

The office will be closed half day on Friday and all day Monday. So I will at least have 1/2 day on Friday to knock out the remainder of my list of things to do.Saturday, the ladies and I are delivering the toys and goodies we have for our adopted family, and from there on, I will be on Christmas break. Do not disturb, and if you do, bring a bottle of Jack Daniels, and a bag of ice! 

I choose, ALL OF THEM!!
 
So this year has been a pretty good one. I have many wonderful things to look forward to in 2012, the least of which is exactly a year from today, but that is a totally different subject, for me to dwell on next week. This week, my musings lead me to the "reason for the season". My mom and dad were NOT religious one bit growing up. We had no lessons of Jesus, or God. I have always been an "Agnostic Athiest ", and will be for the rest of my life. I do not begrudge anyone their right to celebrate what ever they wish to celebrate. Christmas is about what you want it to be. I choose to make it a celebration of my family and friends, just as my parents have always done. So celebrate what ever you want to celebrate, however you want to celebrate it. Don't worry about anyone else's feelings but your own. Also, don't worry about what anyone else is doing. Say Merry Christmas, or say Happy Holidays, put up lights, don't put up lights, do as you please. Come Christmas Eve you will find my non religious family singing along to "O Come All Ye Faithful", not because we believe Christ was born on Dec 25, but because it is a beautiful song, and we are corny and like to sing carols. Feliz Navidad, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy Festivus. Enjoy your holiday, doing what ever it is you like to do. Much Love From The House of Beebs!

No comments:

Post a Comment