Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

So Sweet You Will Gag

Less than 3 weeks to the big Day! Festivities, shopping and baking are at a fever pitch. Let's all hope we can hang in there without losing our minds. I know most of the kids' mind's are already lost. I would hate to be a teacher this time of year. I think last weekend was when my nephew stopped speaking in sentences and now only speaks in screeching exclamations that contain some combination of LIGHTS! PRESENTS! SANTA!


ZOMG THATHOUSEHASLIGHTS LOOKATALLTHEPRESENTS!!! ICAN'TWAITTOSEEWHATSANTABRINGSME!
We are extremely lucky to live in an area where our volunteer firemen not only save our lives for free, but whip up an amazing display of lights and sound, and tour Santa all over the immediate area to pass out candy, and make the kids go from babbling neanderthals to screeching demon elves. Got to love it! I of course being the crafty and fun Auntie that I am, will be hosting a cookie decorating party this coming weekend for my nephew and sister, and my girlfriend and her kiddos. It isn't the cookie exchange and wrapping party I originally planned, but I am sure it will be just as fun. I only have 3 more weekends to enjoy Christmas activities, and I plan on going for gold this year. There is really nothing better than sharing a holiday with an enthusiastic 6 year old. Last weekend I took him to see the "Arther Christmas" movie, and we both loved it. It wasn't as good as my first movie "A Christmas Story", but kids these days are different aren't they?
You'll shoot your eye out!!!


My cookie list is growing, so I am going to have to do some serious cuts to the list. Everything just sounds so great, I want to make it all, but I doubt I will have time. My tree is missing a few items to make it as perfect as I could imagine it, but I will leave that for next year. I just simply don't have any more money to devote to the decorations! We put up lights, but no big display like I wanted. Again, the Christmas Budget got in my way, so possibly next year we will have 2012 Christmas Light Spectacular! Or, we can buy fireworks and line our yard with them. That may be pricey, but it would look AWESOME! Beat that house around the corner!!!

But my home feels festive, and I get to do so many wonderful things with the kids, that Christmas cheer is coming out of my holly jolly butt! So before the big day has come and gone, I will count my blessings and enjoy my time. Being depressed this time of year is hard for me, because I get to do all of my favorite things like hang out with my family, cook, eat, and give presents. How could you not have fun!? I hope your Christmas cheer is as bountiful as mine, and if not, stop by my house, I have an extra basket full of cheer just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment