Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Another Year Bites The Dust

In a few short days, 2011 is coming to a close. It is pretty amazing to think that 12  years ago, we were in a panic and worried that the world would shut down because all the computers calendars weren't going to roll over to 2000. The entire world was braced for global melt down because our calculators weren't Y2k safe.

Your cheerios will become soggy! Your pets heads will fall off!
We all sat around our televisions waiting for everything to come crashing down around us and 3..2..1... nothing. Not a damn thing happened. We whipped ourselves into a frenzy over nothing. Now we are stepping into 2012. Many think that the Aztec's predicted that our time in this universe ends on Dec 21st 2012 or that that specific date marks the day Jesus will come back to Earth, and the rapture will begin. Others believe that a huge change will take over, and we will enter a new age. These are all guesses, and highly interpreted predictions. No one knows for sure what will happen tomorrow, let alone what is going on almost a full year from now. If it is all true there is NOTHING we can do to stop it. Short of fighting off aliens or a zombie virus outbreak, you can't fight back if the world is going to implode, or something massive slams into our planet. So get your emergency kits stocked and be ready for anything like you ALWAYS should be, and go on about your life. Taping up the windows will do you no good at this moment.

Just add 1/2 cup disaster and mix!!!

So, as usual, I don't do new years resolutions. I think telling myself and everyone else around me that starting the first of the year, I plan to do anything besides sleep is a lie. A big fat ugly lie. I will do you a favor and not lie to you, if you do the same for me. However, I do set goals for myself. Nothing that is too radical that I am setting myself up for failure, but at the same time they are things that usually help to improve myself.

Goal 1 is to write more, and improve my skills. I may never publish a best seller, but I will try to entertain anyone who attempts to read my work. Goal 2 is to use the treadmill I received for Christmas. It is nice, and really expensive, so I feel obligated to use it. (that was the plan all along wasn't it Mom? Clever.) Goal 3 is to cook healthier meals, and like it. The last part of that goal is the hardest. But, I can do it. Although, I 100% refuse to bake cookies with anything less than full leaded butter and sugar. There are some things that shouldn't be sugar or fat free, and desserts is one of those things! Goal 4 is to make our poorly designed bathroom into a true master bath. In fact, I am about ready to start knocking down walls.... Guess I need to clean some stuff out first... Okay first clean, then destroy! Goal 5 is more like a life long goal. I plan to make myself happy. Enough said. Last but not least, goal 6 is to make sure my friends and loved ones know how much I love and appreciate them. Without all of their widely ranging personalities in my life, I would have a dull existence. I have been telling my nearest and dearest that I love them more often. I do love you, and I want you to know it. Never forget it. Let's all get tattoos, and yours will say "Beebs Loves Me, Por Vida", and mine will say "I'm Beebs, and I approve that message."

Yes, something like this....
Have a happy and safe new year. Thanks for reading my blog, and possibly caring about what I have to say. I started this blog for my entertainment, and a happy side effect is others sometimes enjoy what I do too. It has been almost a year, and I haven't stopped posting yet. I think it is amazing that I have stuck with it, and mainly it is because I log on and see how many people actually read my blog. It excites me to know you are coming back to read the words I put here. As of this moment I am 20 views shy of 2000. That is an accomplishment for me! Thanks again readers. I love you. Por Vida.

No comments:

Post a Comment