Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Monday, February 20, 2012

A Sister Turns Almost 30

I bring to you good Monday tidings! Actually, I bring to you coughing, sneezing, body aching Monday tidings.
 The Corpus Crud Strikes Again
I am exhausted from this weekend's Gauntlet closing ceremonies. My family and some dear friends helped me throw a surprise party for my Sister's 29th birthday. With the Mardi Gras theme, a giant vat of shrimp boil, and beads and masks, we shocked my sister. The first thing she said to me as she was getting out of the car was, "What's going on? What are we feeding everybody?" Leave it to one of my mother's daughters to immediately worry about feeding people at a party that she didn't know she was having! But she should have known better, because no one leaves hungry. Even the 8 unexpected people that showed up. It was a good thing we had made so much to eat! Now, of course, it was no problem even with all the extras, and much fun was had by all. I suppose my surprise party throwing days are over for a while. I don't want people to expect it! Plus we were so close to having the entire thing blown by her husband not calling her back all day, and a few other things... But the one reason we pulled it off? We didn't speak a word of it to Mr. Pigglesworth. That boy blurts stuff out quicker than you can tell him the whole secret!

What does a nose picking mariachi have to do with it? 

Fabulous parties and sickness aside, we just completed our first full week with Lillian. She fits right in with the rest of us, and in case you need photographic proof, look at the picture at the end of this paragraph. Can we say "total animal harmony"? I am not sure if it is Lilly herself, or just the nature of the other beasts we have in our home that made adding our newest zoo attraction so easy. My only issues with her have been her skittishness, and attachment crying and howling. These are things we can work on, but for now, I have to trick her to come to me so I can get her in her crate. I am not sure what triggered her sudden dislike for her crate, but she hides when it is getting close to time to go to bed. It can be rather annoying, especially when you don't feel so good, and all you want to do is sleep. I suppose nothing could be 100% perfect, so we will work with her on her good night and good bye anxieties. Today I left the tv's audio on, so I am hoping this soothes the savage beastling. I have already taken to calling her Lucifina the devil dog, because she can be a handful. But she is a sweet girl, and we love her.

3 rotten babies, no waiting!!
The oldest memory that I can recall is standing in front of the nursery ward being held by my Daddy, and him telling me that the wrinkled and yawning creature behind the glass was my little sister. I was only 2 years and 5 months old. It made enough of an impact on me to become my very first memory. The past week, I have seen a rise in sibling rivalry, and sniping amongst a few in the Facebook community. Maybe it is that time of year or something, but I have the fortune of not understanding all the general nastiness towards one's brother's and sister's. My sister and I are best friends. We haven't always been that way, and yes, she was the annoying little sister, and I was the bad girl, and she the good girl, and so on. But that was when we were kids. We let that stupid selfishness and attention seeking type aggressions go as we grew up. My parents did an excellent job with us too. I probably wouldn't have half the respect and love I have for my sister if my parents gave us a bad example. While I know for certain that not everyone can have the close and loving relationship my sister and I have, I don't get why people who could, don't! You are missing out on one of the best things in life.

This love knows no end.




No comments:

Post a Comment