Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The Hellions Strike Back

Having no more vacations till November makes me sad!
Yes I really am sad. No more days off until Thanksgiving is sad. That's officially 78 days away! Well, I am sure I will have plenty to keep me busy in the next few months. Such as, birthday parties, and visits from long lost friends, and my birthday, and then Halloween... oh yea. 'Tis officially time for the Gauntlet to begin!  It's that time of year where I do more cooking, cleaning, shopping, partying, and generally exhaust myself above and beyond my usual levels. There is no less than two major birthdays, and at least one major holiday, possibly two to contend with per month for the next 5 months. We aren't even checking off various functions, and charity events that I have yet to RSVP to. But even if it sounds like I am complaining, I'm really not. I love it. I live for this stuff. Making birthdays and holiday's special makes me happy. Almost as much as chocolate. Almost.

This is not what I was talking about. But it is amusing.
So I was going to tell you a story about my adventures with some friends at the Ski Basin on the Island.  When I went to search for a corresponding pictures for "floating noodles" this was one of the first things to pop up. While there is no point left to this paragraph, I want you to marvel as the idea of a lady serving steaming hot noodles out of a canoe. Genius I tell you!


Beach the boat. Jump out  and float.
Don't forget the drinks,sunblock, and a few hilarious conversations about the Fifty Shades of Grey series while the kids and men are out of ear shot. Mr. Piggy didn't take long to find friends, and we had such a good time relaxing. It's not often I get to ride on a boat, but I had a blast. But the next morning I woke up feeling like I had spent 12 hours working out to Buns of Steel. I can't even come up with a plausible possibility beyond butt cramps while I was sleeping.
This is exactly what my gluteus maximus feels like right now.
Besides possible butt cramps, and the holidays, the sleep center called with my appointment for next week's diagnostic and equipment fitting study. I'm excited to see what a difference it makes, as well as being apprehensive as to how I will really feel about getting the equipment home and using it. I am sure I can psyche my self up for it, and really, at least I won't be snoring any more. I can't wait to wake up and feel like I actually got some sleep. What a novelty!

What? I can't sleep without knowing you were up all night!
 Last night was a prime example, except the dogs were to blame. At 3:30 I heard that "OMG WAKE UP NOW" cry from Lucifina. She normally does that when something is amiss in the cage. Sure enough, someone up chucked in the cage, and she can't stand that. So I cleaned it up, gave them a new blanket to sleep on, and laid back down, but instead of falling asleep, Lucifina the hellion decided that she needed my attention, and whined for hours telling me so. I laid there and wondered how much vocal cord removal surgery was for dogs, and if I could get a two for one deal. 5am is not the best time to fall back to sleep, but what was I to do? I feel like the walking dead. Kudos to my new Avon concealer for making me look mostly alive. I recommend it for all walking dead trying to look normal again.

No comments:

Post a Comment