Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Ready, Set, Christmas!

17 days until Christmas. AHHH! Time to get it together and look like I know what I am doing! My sewing machine is back, and ready to rock. I have things to do with it! Everyone is complaining it doesn't feel like Christmas because the weather is warm. Look, we are here in South Texas. It's warm down here. I for one like to ENJOY the outdoors without burning to a crisp or freezing my cheeks off. A slight chill is acceptable. Anything lower than 50 is illegal in my book. Of course this coming Monday, we are going to be freezing our colungas off. Thank goodness it will only last a few days.

This weekend, I am getting my mise-en-place (ingredients in place) for my food gifts. I won't make them yet, but I need to make sure I have what I need. At some point this month, my parents are recruiting myself and the rest of the family for tamale making. A few years ago, my husband and I decided to try our hand at it too. While we had a good time, and made some tasty tamales, it isn't a cheap endeavor. Also, make sure you have all day, and patience. The results are delicious, and you can't beat homemade tamales. 

As many homemade gifts as I plan on making, there are also a few things I will have to buy. I'm not looking forward to shopping, but it just can't be helped. I need to finish up some gifts and projects, and there are things I just can't make. I wish I could knit. I would love to make scarves and hats. Maybe that will be my goal for next year. I can conquer needles and yarn. Maybe I can "yarn bomb" something one of these days! If you don't know what that is, it's worth a Google search. You can learn more about it here: Yarn Bombing




No comments:

Post a Comment