Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Run, Run Rudolph



I have been crafting like the wind lately. Planned projects and even a few unplanned projects have been getting done. I feel like a sewing genius because I tailored a pair of pants, and they didn’t come out too bad! Apparently I can sew. I never knew I had it in me! The latest project I have taken on is one for Mr. Pigglesworth. He’s an angry birds fanatic, and this weekend I saw some angry birds ribbon. Of course I asked my mom what I could make for Piggy that I could use the ribbon with, and she suggested I trim a blanket with it. I took it all home, and contemplated it for a couple of days. Last night I got to work on it, and it’s not half bad. I’ve decided it needs something else. Right now, it’s a plain red fleece blanket with fancy trim. It looks like I need to make a trip to the craft store for felt. I don’t mind putting a little extra effort into it. I must say, sewing in a strait line is as hard as drawing a strait line for me. I don’t know why this is.

This week is soup week in the house, since we are enjoying our first real cold weather of the winter. Monday and Tuesday was chicken and dumplings. Tonight will be tomato parmesan basil. I am not a fan of tomato soup. Canned tomato soup makes me want to gag. I treat it like toxic waste when I make it for my hubby. This morning when I was opening the can of tomatoes to put in the crockpot, I felt ill the moment I smelled it. Maybe it’s all in my head. I’ll eat tomato sauce with just about anything, but put cream in it, and call it soup? I’ve got to give myself a pep talk before I eat it.

Tomorrow night Santa and the wonderful people with the volunteer fire department will be coming down our street and visiting with the kids. It’s time to make some cocoa and get excited. Only 12 days until Christmas. I feel the pressure of unfinished shopping and baking on my shoulders. I know I will get it all done. But it feels like such an impossible task to get it all together before the most wonderful time of the year. Baking and shopping will happen this weekend. Next Friday, Piggy and I are invited to a special Polar Express Party. My friend has put so much thought and detail into the party, it is sure to be a good time. Plus, we can wear pajamas. There isn’t anything better than a pajama wearing party. Unless there will be whiskey at that party. Then it will be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment