Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mutiny on the Birthday Cake

I have officially and unequivocally had it with the upper management of my office. The amazing part is, I am having more fun being less of a nice person, and more of a solid gold b*tch. They can only blame themselves for this startling transformation from the outspoken, yet team playing employee to the John Wayne of employees. (meaning I am not taking shit from anyone...) As of this moment, mutiny is on the horizon.


Walk the Plank Ye Scurvy Dog!!





I like being a nice person. I like getting along with people and having good working relationships. But the 3 chiefs of this one room teepee are making me crazy(er). It won't be long until I lose my mind, and verbally lash out to the next person that says or does something that pisses me off. It wouldn't be so annoying if they didn't go out of their way to do things totally incorrectly just so they can make sure you waste your time. It does nothing but make me angry. I have better things to do than to waste my time for some over paid micromanaging office d*ckhead. Breathe in..... Breathe out....



In other news, my hubby's birthday plans are in full swing. I love spoiling him because he mostly deserves it, and because I love seeing his child like enthusiasm towards his cake and presents. When I met him, he disliked birthdays and most holidays. When he learned what a big deal, and how fun celebrating could be, he jumped right in with us. So I try to do something special for him. My issue is, his big day is on a Monday, and most of the cake jumping strippers and petting zoos take off on Mondays. Maybe I'll have better luck with the bouncy house?

Bouncy, Bouncy. Oh such a good time.

 We still don't know what is happening for Thanksgiving here, but that will fall into place eventually. I have started collecting delectable recipes for the sole purpose of busting my family's guts. Everyone is so different in their  likes for desserts in our family, I've come up with a great idea that will help solve the issue of variety. Mini Pies! I can make pumpkin, sweet potato, apple, and even chocolate creme for the kids, plus they are smaller portions than you would normally be served from a pie. So, I can make full batches of  each flavor, and then split them to be distributed amongst the two families. (and maybe a few extra for our house) I leave the pecan pie to my sister, who makes the most beautiful pie you have ever seen.

This isn't even the prettiest one!
Pies are nice, and stuffing is yummy, but the one thing that makes me do a happy dance of gluttony is my mom's gravy. She measures nothing. It is water, flour, salt and pepper, and meat juices and drippings. She can't really tell you how she does it either. She is a gravy witch with magical gravy coming from her fingers, oh and her home made German Chocolate cake makes her a demi god in our eyes.

Made by mom with love, and eye of frog??
I am going to begin a collection of my favorite holiday recipes on my main page for those looking for what a Beebs eats during the holidays. Merry early Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment