Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Don't Read! Unless You Want to Get My Morals On You...

Allow me to have a moment to burn my bra...

Ah!! Yes, that is better.

You may wonder what has my feminist side flaring with indignation. So many things that this blog cannot contain them all. It isn't necessarily towards men that my evil eye is focused on, it is more towards myself. Plus, I wasn't even a twinkle in my mother's eye when women were fighting for equality and protesting much to the Men's Club's disapproval. All the same, I feel the need to remind myself that I should be my own woman. Thankfully, my mother told me when I was but a wee training bra scorcher, that I didn't have to depend on any man ever to be happy in life. She told me to make my own happiness. Those words have always stuck with me. But even as I am humming "I am woman hear me roar", I am a hopeless romantic. I love to coddle, and to be coddled. I have no problem accepting the fact that I am not cut out to operate a jackhammer all day long, let alone open a pickle jar at times. But that is why I married. I fell in love, and I have someone to share my life with, flaunt my romance skills to, and open my pickle jars. I didn't marry for necessity, I married for love. I don't need to be with anyone to be happy, it just happens to be that I found someone who I was sure I wanted to be with forever, and decided to bond myself with him.

But sometimes, I get so caught up in getting someones attention, that when I realize they aren't giving me all that I need, I lash out at them. I have no problem calling attention to someone's inattention. I forget that people's worlds don't revolve around me, the same way I let my world revolve around other people's. I know better than to expect to get back an equal amount of time, appreciation, and sometimes love that I give. Così è la vita. We all have our selfishness. I have to give myself a kick in the ass, and remind myself that not only do I have plenty of appreciation and approval from my wonderful family, that I am the only person I need to please.

My goals for the coming year are already forming on my mind. I hope to write more, and get better at it. I plan on  making myself happy, instead of trying to make everyone else happy, and wait for a tidbit of thanks that mostly never comes. I will resolve myself to the fact that the life I imagined will most likely not happen, but that doesn't mean the one I have isn't as good, just not what I dreamed of. Last but not least, I hope to show each person in my life that has been my cheering squad, my support, and my shoulders to cry on know that I appreciate everything you do for me, and how much I love you. Haters can have some of this:

with a free side of STFU.

No comments:

Post a Comment