Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy Blogaversary!

My favorite part about sharing my life with those who take time to read my weekly posts is that the possibility that I made you laugh, or even cheered you up. Even if I made just one person smile, it is worth every moment of my time that I spend on this. I wanted something special for my "blogaversary". My readers have come back to my page well over 2000 times, and for that, you deserve to see a piece of what makes my world go round. I thought a guest contributor would do the trick. I sat and thought about all the wonderful people in my family that I could ask to write a spot for me. There was only one clear choice, The Gatekeeper to my Key master; El Grande Beebs.

I was excited for his special guest spot, and was thinking the entire thing would be brilliant! But in order for my world to work correctly, the bottom dropped out of that plan at 11:30 pm last night when he hadn't mentioned the post again. Of course, I should suspect nothing less, and therefore, had a back up plan! I hope you enjoy this guest spot from my sister blog What A Beebs Eats. The following pictures and recipe comes from The one and only El Grande Beebs. I personally requested this dish this past weekend, because of it's cheesy goodness. This dish is a quick favorite of all who partake, and the recipe is meant to feed a small army, or a few of our family members. Hope you enjoy!!

Migas Con Fajitas de El Grande Beebs

This is a very large pan of epic breakfast goodness.
The following recipe is not Mexican or American, it is exclusively Tex-mex. Living so close to the Texas/ Mexico border, we have grown up with our forks on both sides of the Rio Grande. Migas translated in English means crumbs. This recipe utilizes left overs, which makes it smart, and delicious, just like El Grande Beebs. So break out the sombreros, and get ready for a fiesta in your boca (mouth).

1/2 bag of left over corn tortilla chips (NOT STALE!!)
3/4 stick of butter
2 tbs dried onion
1 tbs minced garlic
1 dozen eggs
1/2 cup half and half
1 1/4 cup of your favorite salsa (Pace Picante works well too, and no need to get a rope)
12oz package of shredded cheddar and monterrey jack cheese
Leftover beef or chicken fajitas


Step 1:
Heat large skillet to med low, melt your butter and add the onion and garlic. Cook until onions are slightly browning. Lightly crush corn chips, and add to the butter mixture. Toast to a golden brown perfection. Add leftover fajita meat to a pan, sprinkle with water, and stir occasionally on low temp.
Reheat your fajitas and make those chips toasty brown
Step 2:
Whisk together the eggs and half an half thoroughly. Add salt and pepper as you please, but don't forget the chips are salty. Add egg mixture to the toasted chips, and make sure to distribute the chips in the eggs.

eggs, milk, whisk get to it!

Step 3:
When the eggs are almost completely done, add your salsa and lightly fold into migas. Add your cheese on top and serve.
So very close to done, but something is missing.... 
Step 4:
Serve with Beebs' Own Guacamole, and sour cream. Don't forget the tortillas, and divy up the fajita meat.
You can't handle the deliciousness that is shown in this picture. I know. It's okay.


Adios from The House of Beebs, and a big thanks to my special guest chef, and photographer, El Grande Beebs!  


No comments:

Post a Comment