Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Beebs Gets a Break

He's been chasing me for a month, draining me of blood and money!
 
Finally, I think I am done being chased by the medical monster I unleashed on myself. I've seen all of my doctors, met new ones, been biopsied, scoped, poked, palpitated, dilated, medicated, educated, conjugated, violated, and interrogated. My body is an open book. If you want to know how many times I passed gas last night I am sure, someone, some where took count. All that running from the medical monster has taken a total of 36 lbs from me so far. I know I have lost weight, but I don't see it yet. I know the numbers don't lie, and my clothes fit bigger, but for some reason the woman I see in the mirror looks the same. I still have a long road ahead of me, but now it isn't unknown, I know what needs to be done in order to get better. Let's just hope nothing else pops up, right?


Yes. A group of women are responsible for this... believe it!

This past weekend, my sister and I battled with 15 other teams for our shot a local barbequing glory. We had fun all day long. We didn't place, but with a few adjustments to our time, and our brisket size, I think we can win that trophy with the little pit on the top that is labeled "1st place". Last year we had a baby pit, and fire issues, this year we had the Porsche of pits, and itty bitty meat lumps. Our brisket may have been overcooked, but the flavor was unmistakably yummy. My hat goes off to the super sweet man who helped us move our luxury liner of a pit before he could even get started cooking on his gas grill.Yes, I said he cooked a brisket on the gas grill, and went onto win 3rd place no less. Next year I plan on breaking out my roaster just so I can see if I can give the pits a run for their money. We BBQ'n B*tches and our dear friends the Boobie-ques may not have placed, but we had fun. Can't wait to do it all over again next year!!

Mr. Pigglesworth being the handsome ham as usual.

Here we are at the leading edge of June. Half of the year is gone! I can't believe it myself. Just yesterday I was shoving Halloween into the available nooks and crannies into my house, and setting up my Christmas village and what not. Two more months and it's time to drag the bulk of Halloween out again, and start the extremely long process of  designing and setting up Mad Lab 2012. June is broken up by 1. Mr. Pigglesworth's birthday, and separate birthday party 2. Father's day 3. Mom's birthday. All of which are sardine canned into 11 days. But those days will be a welcomed distraction from the rest of my world that has involved a month and a half of medical/life drama enough to fuel a season of Nurse Jackie, or so it feels. Race you to the pool! This summer is just getting started. I plan on enjoying it as much as I can!


No comments:

Post a Comment