Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Halloween!


We are ready for Halloween Night!
In the past years, there has never been enough candy. When the bowl is full, the first little ones get handfuls of treats! The bigger the crowd got, the less candy we gave out. Last year we gave one piece per kid! At the end of the night, I was raiding the candy dish in the house to help out before closing up shop!  Last year we had around 50 lbs of candy. This year, the kids had a benefactor! A wonderful woman in our lives bought all of the treats you see before you. 80 lbs of candy. Plus pretzels for those who are too old to be trick or treating or who are hauling their two day old infant around in a costume gathering candy.  You should be ashamed. The candy is for the kids 18 and younger, or if I just love your costume.

This is an extreme example, but the morning after feels sort of like this!
  The Lab is officially ready to delight and scare children and adults alike. All of the work, shopping, and last minute trips for fog machines comes down to tonight. It's a bittersweet day. I can't wait to see all the adorable kids, and see the reactions of our visitors. But at the same time,  I am dreading putting it all away. Tonight we will have the family over for dinner, and they will help us keep the little paws off our things, and enjoy the spectacle. But tonight, we will enjoy ourselves. I'll worry about cleaning tomorrow, or possibly this weekend. I want to thank my parents, my sister and her family, our Tio Pancho and Tia Mel, and my hetero life mate for helping with the decorations, candy, and support. We honestly couldn't have done it without you.  For those who can't make it to see our lab, my husband took a video on his phone. Some details aren't clear, and I am in there too, you just can't see me! Or maybe you can if you are good...



P.S. Tomorrow marks the beginning of NaBloPoMo, which is national blog posting month. I have entered into a contest where I have to blog every day for a month, including weekends. It will be a challenge, but I think I can do it. I may end up blogging from my phone. Talk about scary!!!  Happy Halloween!


No comments:

Post a Comment