Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I'm A Naughty Auntie

I've been naughty and nice today. In my hopes to make this Christmas as exciting and magical as it can be for a 7 year old, I have written a letter from Santa, in response to his letter to Santa, and forged his name. Hayden will receive a very personalized letter from the North Pole, along with a picture of Santa and Rudolph. I didn't do this in years past. I'm not sure it would have been remembered, or had an impact. He can read fairly well by himself now, and that makes this letter worth it's weight in printer ink. (which is way more expensive than gold!) I was told by my sister in law about a website that charges $10 and mails the letter for you. I think for now, Hayden's not going to pay attention to post marks, and if he questions it in the future for some reason, well, Santa has elves everywhere doesn't he? I would like to make Santa as real as I can, for as long as I can.

My parents used to have one of the guys in the family dress up like Santa for us when we were little. I remember crying about sitting on Santa's lap the year Uncle Alan drew the short straw. He smelled like Jack Daniels, and he bit my ear. (he still bites ears) Of course, the adults had a few laughs too. I won't lie and say that I have used the threat of calling Santa when Hayden was acting up. One time, I even called my mom's house and left "Santa" a message about Hayden's behavior, and boy did that get tears faster than any threat of a butt whoopin'. You can bet he was on his best behavior after that. (for a while at least!) 

The website Lettersfromsanta.org provides a free option which you can use twice, or pay $10 for a premium option. I went with the free one, and wasn't satisfied with the background, which reminded me of an angry Santa. So I put the letter on a different background, and replied to the questions that Hayden had asked Santa in the letters we wrote this weekend. I even included a picture of Santa and Rudolph. I can't wait to hear all about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment