Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Rolls Just Won't Rise

"It's easy!", said the recipe. Oh yes, it's all very simple till the buns are in the oven, and fail to rise to the occasion. I'm not sure what went wrong. I added the ingredients. I mixed them according to specifications. I set them to rise for 20 minutes. I came back to the same blobby shaped dough that I put in the pan. I added 15 more minutes to the count. The blobs have spread out but not up. I'm currently adding another 10 minutes to the timer in hopes that a Thanksgiving miracle will occur. But I really need two miracles. Sadly, I have a better chance at my rolls working out.

My family will be gathering today to eat drink, and be merry. But, we will be missing a very important person at the table. It's a sad thing to purposely exclude yourself from the entire family because you are mad at one person. Instead of trying to work it out, you are trying to make a point. But in the process, you hurt 6 other people. I suppose that we are all just collateral damage. If your plan is to seem selfish and bitter, you've done a good job. While the people that will always love you most are feeling alienated, I hope you find solace in your alone time. We are only on this Earth for a short time. I choose to spend as much of that time with the ones who will always love me, and will be there with me till the end.

It's never too late. Step out of your piteous cocoon and take your place at the table with your family. Be with us as we celebrate all of our triumphs and blessings. We don't have so much time left together that we can waste it on self righteous indignation.

No comments:

Post a Comment