Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Sunday, November 18, 2012

We Are Space Cadets

Today I failed at making waffles, mostly failed at pancakes, and gave up cooking for the day. Poor Hayden was the recipient of the only edible food item I produced this morning. Thank goodness for left overs.

I purchased the items I needed for a few of the crafts I planned, and started the first project. I'm undecided on if I should paint or do iron-on decals for one of them. My dilemma is that I can hardly draw a straight line, let alone paint one, an the iron on decals can look kind of cheap and frayed if you don't do it right. There's a 50/50 chance it will still end up something that is shoved into a closet and never put to use.

Tonight the Hubby brought out his telescope and we got to see the moon and all it's crater covered glory. We also got to peak at the North Star. Sadly, it looks like a bright dot. Nothing exceptional there. We are looking forward to learning how to use the scope to it's full potential. I have grand ideas of viewing mars and other close planets. Maybe even a peek at Saturn and it's rings? Hope springs eternal. As always, the initial investment of a good scope is never enough, and we need to purchase more accessories. The first thing on my husband's list? A filter for viewing the sun. No, I'm not kidding. He's really going to do it. I'll let you know if he needs to have retina transplants. I married a crazy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment