Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Eve

Today is my short day here at the office. T-minus 2 hours, and I can burst forth from this wretched prison. My to do list is small. 1. Help prep for dinner tomorrow 2. Make homemade rolls 3. Make breakfast 4. Eat.  Although, making homemade rolls is pretty big for me. I know making yeast rolls is not rocket science. It's more like brain surgery.  If I make one wrong move, my rolls won't rise, and I'll end up with a mess. If you mess up in brain surgery, there is no fixing it. When I was taking culinary arts and restaurant management courses at the local college, bread was my Achilles heel. I made pies, cakes, fritters, gingerbread houses, and truffles, and I mastered them all. Bread was a miserable failure for me. So since I wasn't taking on turkey roasting this year, I decided to challenge myself. Of course I have a back up, just in case I don't triumph over yeast rolls. If I do triumph, I will be sure to post pictures of the joy my rolls are sure to bring.

I hope if you are traveling to a destination for this holiday you arrive safe, and don't have too many delays. If you are expecting a houseful, may your whiskey never run dry, and your guests behave themselves. "May your turkey's be moist, and your mashed potatoes be full of butter and milk. "- Beebs proverb

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY WONDERFUL, SPECTACULAR, GENIUS, HANDSOME HUSBAND!

No comments:

Post a Comment