Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's A Sweater!

I was going to make pork tenderloin and veggies in the crock pot today, but sadly, I just didn't feel like it. So, Papa Murphy's to the rescue! I can do that occasionally. It's allowed! In other news: in addition to the other crafts I have planned, I have added crafting an ugly holiday sweater to my list. I am a board member of a local life and health insurance group, and this is the theme we decided on for the December membership meeting. I've never had an occasion to wear, purchase, or design an ugly sweater. I am excited! I have all sorts of excellent ideas that involve tinsel, lights, and most likely some annoying song playing device that I could rip out of a stuffed animal or a card. There is no prize, it's just an excellent and fun holiday activity.



Tonight I am going to gather all of the candy left over from Halloween, and take it to the local volunteer fire department, so they can use it in their goodie bags they pass out to the crowds during their  wonderful annual tour with Santa around the Bluff. It's possible that we may even load up on the trailer with them this year and pass out candy ourselves. This has been going on since I was a kid and I remember looking forward to it each and every year. Now my nephew is the one that is foaming at the mouth, just waiting for the sirens, lights, and Christmas music that is the sign that Santa has arrived. The awesome part of it all, Santa doesn't just drive by in our 'hood. He gets off his "sleigh", greets the children personally, takes pictures, and our neighbors generously open their home to everyone in the parade of vehicles to come get cocoa, water and hot dogs! Of course in years past, my only involvement in this was helping hand out cocoa and baking cookies to hand out. I suppose this year would be as good as any to do more for an organization that is there to save our lives, and also spread Christmas cheer. You just couldn't ask for anything more!

No comments:

Post a Comment