Welcome to the Show!

Welcome to the Show!
This is the story of my life.
It isn't much, but it is mine. It can be a zoo.

Please keep your hands and feet tucked in at all times.

Sunday, November 25, 2012

The Beebs Family Christmas Tree

4 days in a row off make for a hard day back on Monday. The office is sure to be crazy, and I'm not looking forward to it.

One more month until Christmas! My brain is on my crafts, and on all the wonderful projects I need to make progress on. As usual, I feel like I am running behind. I don't even have my decorations up yet. I've decided I would like a real tree instead of the fake one I drag out and tussle with yearly.

It's not like I'm worried about the cats getting in it, because I already know they will be. They perch themselves in the fake tree's limbs, and have done so since they were kittens. It you aren't careful, you might get swiped at as you pass by. They are the reason why I pretty much gave up on traditional ornament hooks and strap everything down with floral wire. There are those that would say the needles get everywhere. But our fake tree sheds "needles" by the pound too. You just can't recreate the smell. I've purchased the pine scented sticks you hide in the tree, and have some Scentsy wax that mimics the scent. But it's just not the same.

I can't wait to go pick one out with the hubby. Even better, I can't wait to have them bundle it up and tie it down to the roof of my "family truckster". If you see some crazy lady in a blue Honda element blasting Christmas carols with a tree strapped to the top, just smile and wave. My husband won't see you, as he will be scrunched down in his seat trying to avoid being seen with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment